So you are ready to sell your house and move on? There are things you can do to make this process smoother. We all want sales and closings to happen quickly and without events. Here are some things you can do to make showing and selling of your home go smoothly.
1. Clean out crawl spaces. You might find that there are some things in your crawl spaces that have been there since before you remember them. Check it out.
2. Window sills. They gather more gunk than most of us would like to think about. Give them a little attention.
3. Behind sink faucets. Things conglomerate here and the backsplashes too.
4. If you have carpet in your home...make sure you use the attachments to get in the nooks and cranny's and along the walls.
5. Stairwells. Dirt and grime hole up in the corners. They aren't easy to vacuum but sometimes are easy to sweep depending on the depth of the carpet.
6. Access to attic spaces. A home Inspector will need to get here so make sure it is accessible.
7. Make sure you have records of your electrical and heating expenses. The MLS asks us for this information so it is helpful if you have it.
8. If you have a Catchment water tank, the last date that it was cleaned and perhaps the last time you had to have it filled.
9. If you are on a private septic, when the last pumping was.
10. Last, but not least, have a Sellers Inspection! Knowing what the buyers inspection might find in advance is worth it's weight in gold. Depending on your buyer and their loan type you can have advance knowledge of repairs that you may be asked to do or, may be required to do.
I hope these suggestions make the selling process a little easier but I am always available for you to call me on my cell or email me with any questions!